AWT Labels & Packaging is currently looking for Press Assistant at our South Elgin production facility focused on flexographic labeling and packaging conversion. Press Assistants are responsible for assisting press operators in press setup and run activities.
- Stage inks, dies, material and mount plates for assigned presses
- Demount and Return items after press runs are completes
- Assist in cleaning up presses, press components (pans, anilox rolls & doctor blades) and staging for upcoming runs
- Assist with other press needs like returning material, cutting cores, and emptying trash, etc.
- Assist in efficient and complete press changeover
- Perform other various plant support activities
- Actively monitor and manage press needs based on department workload
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to ensure all jobs meet or exceed estimated time and materials.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- Ability to work in an environment with constantly changing sets of activities and priorities
- Prioritize multiple tasks based on the demands of department and complete in a timely manner
- General comfort with and ability to operate around machinery and equipment
- Must be able to work well with others as well as alone
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Must be able to work at a fast pace consistent with press operators
- Must understand the importance of attention to detail
- Safety conscientious
- Flexographic Experience a big plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated accuracy with numbers and information
- Position requires substantial twisting, bending, considerable amount of walking and being on feet for long periods
- Must be able lift 50 lbs. to waist level without assistance
- Some computer usage
- Forklift training a plus
Onsite training available for motivated, detail-oriented individual interested in career opportunities in our printing production facility.