AWT Labels & Packaging is currently looking for an Estimator-Job Planner at our Minneapolis production facility focused on labeling and packaging conversion. This position requires the ability to analyze customer provided specifications, identify requirements, and accurately quote and plan jobs to meet or exceed estimated profitability. Must be able to interact with corporate management, manufacturing, sales, customers, and suppliers.
Primary Position Duties:
- Understand AWT’s processes and production procedures to quote or plan jobs in the most cost-effective manner.
- Ensures that quotes are completed on time and are accurate based on current information.
- Ensures that RFQs are processed within established time frames.
- Actively plans jobs to ensure efficient production to meet customer standards.
- Ensures that information regarding buyouts and outside purchases is effectively communicated to the purchasing department for ordering.
- Ensures by updating and verifying that all information communicated to production is complete and accurate to avoid any rework or rejects due to lack of or incorrect information.
- Actively pursues planning ideas that save production dollars.
- Follows ISO SOPs as trained.
Secondary Position Duties:
- Reviews planned vs. actual data to evaluate accuracy of estimates; requote as appropriate and communicate updated sell pricing to sales.
- Ensures that AWT Labels & Packaging requirements are accurately communicated to vendors.
- Ensures that production is informed of possible capacity issues in advance, based on job planning.
- Ensures that job components arrive on time to manufacturing.
- Actively participates in the quality and process improvement initiatives.
- Ensures that ISO 9001 procedures are followed and updated as processes change.
- Actively engages sales, production, and CSRs as necessary on RFQ’s.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Math skills
- Aptitude in reading plan designs and specification
- Analytical skills to make appropriate and timely decisions that positively impact production and meet customer requirements.
- Detail oriented; accurate with numbers and information
- Understands geometric dimension and tolerances
- Good organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize within the important/not important and urgent/not urgent matrix
- Proficiency with PC and Windows based software skills
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent GED; prefer post-secondary graphic arts education or related college degree or a strong ability to convert specifications into a project plan. Prefer a minimum 3 yrs. in the industry doing related activities which lend experience to estimating.