Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/awtlab5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-social-sharing/includes/class-public.php on line 81
Considering shrink sleeves for your product? We’re here to help! Check out these advantages of shrink sleeves and easy tips to get your project started on the right foot.
Advantages to Shrink Sleeves
- Visual Appeal. Since shrink sleeves conform to complex or unique bottles and containers, their 360 degree graphic display offers increased opportunity for product recognition. The vibrant graphics generate high shelf impact, encouraging shoppers to pick up and examine the product. The second the customer picks up the product to explore the details, they are are more likely to purchase the product. Drupa notes that that at least a third of product decision-making is based on packaging, along with personal preferences. This means that sometimes packaging can be just as important as the product inside.
- Protection from Elements. Believe it or not, the artwork is actually printed on the inside of the film. This allows the external layers to protect the graphics from friction, which can cause scratches to the artwork. The graphic protection makes shrink sleeves a great choice for products that are subjected to heavy moisture environments and/or humidity. The next time you look in your refrigerator or shower, you might be surprised by how many of the items in there are shrink sleeved!
- Easy to integrate a Tamper Evident seal. Full shrink sleeve can provide a tamper evident seal over closure with a vertical or horizontal perforation for easy opening. This reassures the customer that the product has not been opened.
Before you get started on your project, determine:
- Size. What is the circumference and height of your container?
- Colors. How many colors will you be printing?
- Application. Will the shrink sleeve be applied automatically or manually? What form of heat (radiant, steam, IR) will be used to shrink the sleeve to the container? Knowing this will help determine the proper material for the sleeve.
- Unique considerations. Share a physical sample of the container with your shrink sleeve converter. A physical sample will help the converter determine the material type needed, identify any unique container characteristics, and/or any special treatment needed to ensure the sleeve properly “hugs” the container.
AWT has 10 color print capability using flexographic presses, offering competitive pricing for large volume runs. Our digital presses offer competitive pricing for variable printing, small SKUs, and require no plates. Contact AWT to discuss your project specifications and get started!