What is an Onsert?
An onsert, also known as an Extended Content Label (ECL), is a booklet which is affixed to a pressure sensitive label on a package. These booklets provide extra space for additional information that is needed, and avoids having to make several separate labels. This is especially helpful when making a product that will be shipped internationally. Instead of printing five separate labels with different languages, one label can be printed containing a separate page for each language.
When are Onserts the right solution?
- Problem: Not enough room for all of the information.
- Solution: A larger amount of space to fit all of the necessary text
- Problem: Shipping and communicating in multiple languages spoken around the globe
- Solution: Provides space for multiple languages
- Problem: The FDA is imposing new regulations in regards to the information included on your label
- Solution: More space available for a longer ingredient list, instructions for use, etc.
- Problem: Committed to saving money and helping the environment.
- Solution: Reduce overall size and amount of material needed for packaging and respond to the consumer’s interest in sustainability