The Shipping Coordinator position involves hand packaging of product and preparation of product for shipping.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities (occupy approx. 80% of time):
- Ensures that appropriate protection is given to product to prevent damage during shipping
- Ensures appropriate paperwork is included with shipment
- Ensures that shipping information and records are accurate and legible
- Special shipping requirements on job order and specifications are met
- Ensures that product is safely loaded on to trucks or moved to storage as appropriate
- Proper packaging is determined (i.e., pallet, carton, roll, etc.)
- Inventory items are at proper locations
- Product types segregated and customer inventory packaged per QP-15-004
- Ensures that completed paperwork is forwarded to appropriate personnel
- Serves as a good communicator between functional areas and departments
- Ensures that all jobs on the daily schedule are shipped as scheduled
- Monitors three-day shipping report
- Completes cycle counts in a timely and accurate manner
- Performs a quality function role at final inspection to ensure all in-process checks have been performed and that documents are complete prior to shipping to customer
Secondary Tasks (Occupy balance of time):
- Be actively involved and interface with day-to-day department process management and be aware of department workload, activities, and performance
- Participate in quality improvement initiative to ensure customer satisfaction and that all jobs meet or exceed estimated time and materials
Physical Job Demands:
Requires substantial twisting and bending, a great deal of walking, able to stand for long periods of time; able to work with 35 lbs. from floor to overhead levels while on ladder; able to work with 50 lbs. of weight from floor to waist level; should possess a full range of motion; strong hands to work with tape guns and repetitious motion. Employee should always exercise good judgment and ask for assistance when lifting items that may be awkward or heavier than they feel can be safely handled.
Skills/Abilities to Meet Job Requirements:
Must take directions and work well with others as well as alone; excellent attention to detail and numbers; good communication skills; good computer skills (for shipping process); flexible with hours; positive attitude and a team player; safety conscious.
Education and Experience Requirement:
Highschool OR equivalent GED. Experience shipping in UPS WorldShip, Federal Express online. Miscellaneous truck lines.