Maintenance Technician – 2nd Shift
General Description of Job: AWT Labels & Packaging is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician for our Minneapolis narrow web production facility focused on labeling and packaging conversion. Our Maintenance Technicians are responsible for preventive maintenance of all equipment, general repairs, and special projects throughout the Company.
- Perform and maintains all planned (preventive) maintenance according to weekly checklist and monthly PM log
- Promptly address all maintenance requests (ok’d by supervisor or upper management)
- Ensure that major breakdowns of equipment are addressed promptly
- Ensure that all parts to repair equipment get ordered promptly as needed with arrival dates sensitive to production schedule
- Order parts doing comparing pricing and quality to get the job done in a cost effective manner
- Flexibility to come in at unscheduled times if necessary
- Schedule and prioritize tasks and responsibilities without direct supervision.
- Keep maintenance area neat and organized
- Maintain AWT owned tools and labels parts as to which equipment it pertains
- Keep spare/back-up parts inventoried as needed and maintained on a list
- Maintain ample supply of press related supplies, oil, grease, bearings, etc.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- Excellent mechanical ability and aptitude
- Ability to take direction and work without supervision
- Comfortable working in a team environment of changing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated accuracy with numbers and information
- Good communication skills
- Must be safety conscientious
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Electrical trade schooling
- Two years mechanical/electrical experience preferred
- Able to lift 50lbs to waist level without assistance
- Position requires a great deal of twisting, bending, walking, and being on feet
- Forklift certification a plus
Flexible Press Operator
General Description of Job: Set-up, operate and clean-up flexible printing press, producing a product that meets our customers needs while maintaining a clean, safe working environment.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Follow daily press schedule
- Ensure that all required paperwork is complete and accurate
- Well planned out set-ups and changeovers
- Ensure that all components for producing product are at press to ensure job is completely ready to produce from set-up through clean-up
- Ensure all components of set-up are checked for durability over a long run – i.e., cylinders locked down, plates tuned in, and proper ink per job specs.
- Conscious of waste through operation (time and material); set up stock used as needed and when available to prevent excessive waste
- Colors and registration per specifications within tolerance
- Finished jobs are promptly moved to the next operation with good and bad product clearly marked
- For clean-up, ensures that all ink is removed from shafts of doctor roll and anilox; anilox rolls cleaned to prevent plugging of cells; all ink cleaned from press and surrounding area when possible, base rolls cleaned after use – no tape or debris remaining; gears cleaned as needed
- Follows ISO SOP’s as trained
Secondary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Basic PM is performed as needed
- Notifies supervisor of any inconsistencies with finished product, information, or if trouble shooting is needed
- Proper and courteous use of support help as needed
- Participates in the quality and continuous improvement processes
Physical Job Demands: Able to be on feet for long periods of time; able to lift 50 lbs. or more without restrictions.
Skills/Abilities to Meet Job Requirements:
- Ability to read and understand task at hand (job ticket)
- Good working knowledge of flexible packaging materials
- Able to match colors effectively
- Able to operate machinery comfortably
- Good organization skills
- Able to work with deadlines
- Able to communicate with others professionally and work in a team environment
- Good sense of what a quality product is
Education and Experience Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent GED; vocational technical education preferred; 1-2 (minimum) years flexo press experience.
AWT Labels & Packaging of South Elgin, IL is currently looking for an Estimator/Job Planner at our wide web printing production facility focused on flexographic printing and laminated structures. The Estimator/Job Planner is responsible, based on customer provided specifications to identify requirements and accurately quote and plan job to meet or exceed estimated profitability.
- Interact with corporate management, manufacturing, sales, customers and suppliers
- Accurate and timely processing of quotes, orders, and routings to maintain best possible lead time and equitable return for the Company
- Understand AWT processes and production procedures in order to quote and or plan job in the most cost effective and advantageous manner
- Review customer specifications and artwork to make recommendations on changes as necessary to ensure structure integrity and manufacturing efficiencies, while ensuring customer specifications match final structure quoted
- Prepare high quality estimates for bid package proposals by breaking down customer bid package into estimating categories for review, validation, and accuracy; manage consolidation, organization, and submit proposals
- Ensure by updating and verifying that all information communicated to production is complete and accurate to avoid any rework or rejects due to lack of or incorrect information
- Actively pursues planning ideas that save production dollars
- Review planned vs. actual data to evaluate accuracy of estimates; requote as appropriate and communicate updated sell pricing to sales
- Ensure that production is informed of possible capacity issues in advance, based on job planning.
- Actively participates in the quality and process improvement initiatives.
- Ensures that SQF procedures are followed and updated as process changes.
- Actively engage sales, production, and CSR as necessary on RFQ’s
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Able to work well in a team environment providing additional support when needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word, Outlook; advanced Excel knowledge a plus
- Independent judgement, proactive thinking, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive thinking,
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years of experience working in Estimating or Analytics preferred
- Post-secondary degree in packaging engineering or accounting a plus
- Position spends majority of time at desk but does require some walking (meeting with production personnel, sales, customer service, management)
If you have additional questions, please contact our HR Department: HR Email; HR Phone Number: 612-706-3717
Please note these job descriptions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AWT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for available positions by submitting a resume for consideration. AWT will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.