Join a company with a long history of industry leadership in and award-winning products and service.
See all the rewarding careers in printing at AWT listed below.
AWT Labels & Packaging is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician for our Minneapolis narrow web production facility focused on labeling and packaging conversion. Our Maintenance Technicians are responsible for preventive maintenance of all equipment, general repairs, and special projects throughout the Company.
- Perform and maintain all planned preventive maintenance according to weekly checklist and monthly log
- Promptly address all maintenance requests
- Ensure that major breakdowns of equipment are addressed promptly
- Ensure that all parts to repair equipment get ordered promptly as needed with arrival dates sensitive to production schedule
- Order parts doing comparing pricing and quality to get the job done in a cost-effective manner
- Flexibility to come in at unscheduled times if necessary
- Schedule and prioritize tasks and responsibilities without direct supervision.
- Keep maintenance area neat and organized
- Maintain AWT owned tools and labels parts as to which equipment it pertains to.
- Keep spare/back-up parts inventoried as needed and maintained on a list.
- Maintain ample supply of press related supplies, oil, grease, bearings, etc.
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Excellent mechanical ability and aptitude
- Ability to take direction and work without supervision
- Comfortable working in a team environment of changing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated accuracy with numbers and information
- Good communication skills
- Must be safety conscientious
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Electrical trade schooling
- Two years mechanical/electrical experience preferred
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English
- Able to lift 50lbs to waist level without assistance
- Position requires a great deal of twisting, bending, walking, and being on feet
- Forklift certification a plus
AWT Labels & Packaging is currently looking for a Press Operator for our South Elgin wide web printing facility focused on flexographic printing and laminated structures. Our Press Operators are responsible for setup, operation, and cleanup flexographic 10-color, wide web, gearless press, producing product that meet customer needs while maintaining a clean, safe working environment.
- Follow daily press schedule and ensure all required paperwork is complete and accurate
- Ensure output meets customer specification
- Good working knowledge of inks and pH viscosity levels
- Maintain colors and registration per specifications
- Effectively troubleshoot problems
- Ensure setups and changeovers are well planned
- Participate in the quality and process improvement process
- Provide support in other areas of plant as needs arise
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Good working knowledge of ink and be able to match colors effectively
- Good working knowledge of flexible packaging materials
- Ability to read and understand tasks assigned (job tickets)
- Must be able to work in busy production environment and understand the importance of reaching deadlines
- Good sense of what a quality product is
- Ability to operate machinery comfortably and recognize different types of tooling
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with others professionally
- Must understand the importance of attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Safety conscientious
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Vocational technical education preferred
- Minimum three years flexo press operator experience.
- Position requires being on feet for long periods of time
- Must be able lift 50 lbs. or more
- Forklift experience a plus
If you have additional questions, please contact our HR Department: HR Email; HR Phone Number: 612-706-3717
Please note these job descriptions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AWT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for available positions by submitting a resume for consideration. AWT will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.