Sustainability is a real movement for change, both in what we do and how we look at things. The earth has limited resources and as its inhabitants, it’s our responsibility to reduce our negative impact on these resources. AWT is committed to helping create a sustainable world not only by implementing eco-friendly practices within our building, but also in the label/flexible packaging solutions we provide to our customers.
At AWT, it’s not only about maintaining the environment. It’s also about economic, financial and social responsibility. They go hand-in-hand, playing an integral role in how we run our business, make decisions and live our lives. Did you know that reducing energy usage can significantly reduce utility expenses? Plus, the more people get on board with using ecofriendly materials, the more the costs will go down to buy said materials. AWT is focused on sustaining our environment, and we employ several practices that reduce our impact:
- Work with suppliers to identify low-weight films and liners
- Provide compostable label material options—materials designed to compost quickly, completely and safely (some even made from corn)—when applicable
- Use LED lights on many of our presses (over 55% energy savings)
- Designed & executed reusable shipping carton programs —estimated 9,000+ cartons saved annually
- Offer solutions for label liner recycling
- Award-winning labels using PLA (polylactic acid) corn-based films
- Post-consumer recyclable films
- Digital plate-making, eliminating the need for films/negatives
- Recycling poly films used in manufacturing process or from raw materials
- Active programs for metal, plastics and corrugated recycling
- Reusing boxes and plastic cores
- Recycling liners/printing waste through qualified recycling suppliers
- Water-based inks, avoiding toxic chemicals
- Lean manufacturing, creating efficiencies and reducing waste in the manufacturing process
- Zero waste to landfill
- Participate in annual energy audits
As a flexographic printer and converter, AWT is committed to ensuring that operations are environmentally sound and that all relevant regulations are applied. In fact, AWT’s passion for creating an environmentally conscious business has earned us “Great Printer” status by the Printing Industry Midwest, for meeting and exceeding their environmental audit points. Our commitment to reduce our impact on the environment continues to grow daily.
Contact us to see how we can help with your next eco-friendly project!